The first session in 2000
THE RESTORATION OF THE HISTORICAL CENTRE OF IRKUTSK
The second session in 2001
THE CITY AND WATER
The third session in 2002
THE GATES TO THE BAIKAL
– the usage of the weir of hydropower station as a “city wall” (viewing grounds, platforms, mobile cafés );
– the creation of historical reminiscence (identification of the place of the beginning of the historical way to the Baikal);
– the creation of Business Expo Centre (the formation of appropriate “urbanized” building including constructions which form an urban silhouette);
– the integration of sign elements (a dam, buildings of business expo centre, peninsula etc.) with the help of different transport links into unit;
– the integration of sign elements (a dam, buildings of business expo centre, peninsula etc.) with the help of different transport links into unit.
The fourth session in 2003
THE SCIENCE AND THE UNIVERSITY IN THE CITY
– the building of the bridge gives a strong impetus to the development of area between residential zones of Academgorodok, Studgorodok and ISU. This territory is the centre of the left-bank area.
– the formation of a new centre will not be limited by the building in the waste land but will reorganize existent development;
– the creation of the optimal guidepath design.
– the creation of the system of comfortable pedestrian directions connecting scientific, educational and residential complexes with each other and with off shore areas.
– the creation of the system of specialized centres – informational, business, educational, industrial and commercial, which define the originality of the district as the interaction of the science, higher school and production.
The fifth session in 2004
ANGARSK IS A NEW CITY. THE PROBLEMS OF THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
– the creation of a recreation zone on Kitoy River;
– the adoption of picturesque landscapes in the city in whole and also in boulevards, particularly in Angarsk avenue.
– the improvement of the quality of the infrastructure, the improvement of sport facilities, the arrangement of leisure-time and educational institutions for the purpose of the improvement of the attractiveness of the city in whole.
The idea of “green burst” which was offered by the winner team allows to structure a new residential area and prevents flood, groundwater rise etc.
The sixth session in 2005
TOURISM IN IRKUTSK AND AT THE BAIKAL
The seventh session in 2006
THE RECONSTRUCTION OF THE CITY IN THE CITY.
The eighth session in 2007
LARGE IRKUTSK: THE PROBLEMS AND PERSPECTIVES OF THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
The ninth session in 2008
THE CENTRAL HISTORICAL PART OF IRKUTSK IN NEW MILLENNIUM. THE PROBLEMS AND PERSPECTIVES OF THE DEVELOPMENT
– the determination and urban planning validation of the location of the central historical part in the urban system and agglomeration;
– the analysis of socio-economical, functional, landscape and urban planning state of the area and street spaces;
– the concept of the reconstruction of street network of the centre: a street, a boulevard, a square, an embankment, passages within blocks, parking lots – the system of the landscape gardening of the streets and squares, the restoration of parks and groves.
The tenth session in 2009
THE CULTURE OF THE STREET SPACE
The eleventh session in 2010
THE PRESERVATION AND RESTORATION OF HISTORICAL WOODEN URBAN ENVIRONMENT
The twelfth session in 2011
IRKUTSK 2036. THE STRATEGY OF THE LONG-TERM URBAN PLANNING DEVELOPMENT OF IRKUTSK UNTIL 2036.
– to make a forecast of the demographic and socio-economic development of Irkutsk;
– to detect the resource potential of the area;
– to formulate important social priorities of the urban planning development;
– to determine the long-term strategy and stages of the urban planning development of Irkutsk.
The thirteenth session in 2012
THE ECOLOGY OF SUBURBAN AND IRKUTSK SETTLEMENT
Over the last decade in Irkutsk oblast’, especially in the south part of it, there is the process of the intensive development of suburbs which became one of new urban planning realias and at the same time a new challenge for our region. Most of all this process affected a metropolitan region of Irkutsk. The purpose of the session is the creation of principles and parameters of the development of suburban and Irkutsk settlement with a glance of the preservation of the quality of the environment.
The fourteen session in 2013
MODERNIZATION OF THE URBAN ENVIRONMENT. FORMATION OF THE SYSTEM OF PUBLIC SPACE AND RECREATION AREAS OF THE CITY
RECONSTRUCTION AND TRANSFORMATION OF AN URBAN ENVIRONMENT OF IRKUTSK
And when forming modern policy of reconstruction of the city it is necessary
to consider that from demolition and repair of certain buildings it is expedient to pass to complex transformation of housing stock, i.e. complex reconstruction of quar ters with group repair and reorganization of buildings and improvement by the functional architectural and planning and engineering organization of quarters.
The result of design session will be proposals on typolog of the high density housing estate, alternative ways of development of infrastructure of quarters (social, engineering, transport), to new schemes of interaction of local governments with investors who
will be useful to the City administration of Irkutsk, the Government of the Irkutsk
region, builders of the city of Irkutsk.
TRANSPORT INTERCHANGE AS CITY CENTERS OF ACTIVITY
Relevance of the topic
The subject of transport-interchange nodes becomes very daily and relevant. Residents of cities become more mobile because of urban environment development. Transport HUBs solve the problems of speed and comfort of travel both in cities and area. Modern HUB supposes maximum close to each other type of transport. Usually different transport types are united by one architectural building – U-bahn station, for example.The presence of accomplishment multifunctional space in a city define quality of urban life, improve status of the city and its attraction.
Dynamic development of cities involves increase transport service. This fact leads to high intensity and compactness transport flow in big cities. Because of street-road network congestion speed and regularity of freight and passenger delivery is reduced. Therefore a cost price is increased, as consequence transport service is increasing also. Also waste of inhabitants free time is increased, the life quality is reduced and a social tensity is appeared.
In spite of service-market and infrastructure in the cities become to develop well on a periphery, the service quality keeps better on cities centers. Because of inhabitants from area have daily migration to cities centers the quality of transport service must become better.
The solving these problems have to lead to improvement of transport accessibility conditions, prevention of traffic jam formation and improvement of level of service in public transport.