Winter University was founded in 1999 by the administration of Irkutsk, with ISTU, and with the participation of institutes and public organizations. Principle International Baikal Winter University Of Urban Planning Design
(IBUUPD) sessions based on the experience of the Les Ateliers Internationaux de maîtrise d’oeuvre urbaine de Cergy-Pontoise – International Urban Planning Workshops of Cergy-Pontoise, France, which was created own original approach and strategy of the summer sessions, proven over 30 years in various countries around the world, which is to create a competitive programs and implementing them in the work of project team comprising of young professionals with different training from different countries and cultures.This program is an original model of training young professionals of various specialties related to urban planning, and allows them to develop a higher level of conceptual thinking, communication, mastery of analytical and design approaches in an international multi- disciplinary partnership working with dynamically developing town planning system of the city of Siberia.
For fifteen years in the design of innovative educational programs attended by more than 1,000 molodyhspetsialistov, assistants, experts, members of the International Jury, representatives of 42 universities, young professionals and experienced experts from 23 countries: Germany, UK, Spain, Italy, France, Norway, Sweden, Bulgaria, Ukraine, China, Korea, Japan, Lebanon, India, Mexico, Brazil, Mongolia, Russia, Switzerland, Turkey, the U.S. and Georgia and a number of Russian cities: Moscow, Krasnoyarsk, Novosibirsk, St. Petersburg, Volgograd, Rostov-on-Don. Vladivostok, Yekaterinburg, Irkutsk.
Goals and objectives
– is to create competitive programs and implement them in the work of design groups, comprising young specialists with different vocational training, representatives of different countries and cultures that come to seeeach other for the first time;
– exchanging of vast experience in mastering analytic and designed approaches in the framework of international interdisciplinary partnership, in the work with dynamically developing urban planning systems of Siberian cities;
– to reach a new higher level of conceptual thinking in the qualitative sense, exceeding the bounds of traditional education;
– to preserve and to hand down the rich traditions of russian nation.
undergraduates / graduates / young specialists/ professionals in following fields of activity:
– urban planning design;
– urban economics;
– transport engineering;
– urban sociology.
The development programme of Winter University
The development and consolidation of the cooperation of
Les Ateliers и Winter University
- The carrying out of guest sessions in Russia
- The participation of the representatives from Irkiutsk in international workshops